So much for writing everyday! There has to be a grace period on making resolutions part of the standard routine, right?
The first week back at work went well. Don't tell them I said this, but I actually kind of enjoyed it. I was working on a large document that had been created in my absence and was due to be completed this Friday, but was really not ready to be submitted. It was nice to feel appreciated, at least three people told me they were glad I was taking it over.
The only struggle is that Micah seems to be eating more from the bottle than he would if he was nursing and I'm having a hard time keeping up. I had Michael pick up some Fenugreek which is supposed to increase milk supply and I'm trying to play catch up over the weekend by pumping an extra ounce here and there. Hopefully my supply will increase in response to increased demand very soon!
Even though being back to work is really going well, it's really hard to be away from the baby all day. I miss him and I'm very jealous of Michael spending time with him all day long. Plus, it's clear already that Michael is a better caretaker than me. Well, I suppose that's not necessarily true. Micah and I mostly watched tv all day long, but in my defense, he has only recently become able to interact for an extended period of time so maybe if I was with him now, I'd be taking care of him differently too.
I'm hoping to talk to our CEO one day this week and see if it would be possible for me to work four days a week for a while. I'm not sure how that conversation will turn out. One of the other women in the office who just had a baby is doing it, but her job is very different from mine and I think it might be harder for me to step out of the meetings and trainings for a day every week. But I figure that with not traveling, my role is changing right now anyway, so I have the opportunity to really redefine what I do and how I work. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment