Tomorrow is back to work. Luckily my husband was wise enough to suggest I work only half days during the first week back, so that is what I'm doing. I'm not really nervous to go to work or even sad to go to work, but I am sad to lose all my baby time. In the past three months, I spent many nights sleeping with a sleeping baby on my chest all night long, then we moved on to sleeping next to a sleeping baby, I woke up every morning to a bright eyed and smiling morning baby, I walked to the little market around the corner with the baby in a homemade "Moby" wrap, same set up for walking the mile and a half to Target, walking through the park, eating out for breakfast, brunch, and dinner. I have learned to hold a baby while cooking, eating, feeding dogs, going to the bathroom (and washing my hands), wrapping Christmas presents, you name it. I will miss his warm little body in the wrap while he naps during the day, I will miss the way he stretches when he wakes up from a nap, I'll miss his pouty lower lip when he's about to scream. I know that I will have plenty more time with all these things, but I'll be sad to miss any of them at all.
I never thought in a million years that I would be one to want to stay home with the baby but sure enough, I am! I don't know what I would do with myself as a stay-at-home mom, especially right now when Micah isn't old enough to be really doing anything, but I sure wish I could do it.
Unfortunately, I can't. So I'm setting the alarm for 6:30. I will feed him before I go. And at 7:50 I will board the 87 to head downtown. Just for 4 1/2 hours. Hopefully someday, I'll find a way to stay home.
No comments:
Post a Comment