Sunday, January 15, 2012
Growing up.
We had a great (short) weekend with Aunt Karen and Uncle Bob this weekend! Micah slept the whole way there in the car which is a first, and when he woke up, he wasn't even screaming. We played a bunch of bridge, watched playoff football, and Micah slept for four hours at a stretch on one occasion overnight. It's really incredible how quickly he's becoming a little boy. When he starts to cry, you can actually cheer him up by talking to him cheerfully. He sits quietly in the car seat now and just checks out his surroundings. He's been sucking his thumb lately and much less interested in the monkey pacifier. Tomorrow he has a pediatrician appointment, and I think he weighs around 15 pounds already. I'm trying to just enjoy the stage he's at and not miss the stuff that's passed too much or anticipate what's to come but it's hard. I can't believe how fast he's growing up! I'm going to miss the way he lays on his back and just flails his arms and legs when you put him down to change his diaper. I'm going to miss how easily he's entertained by smiling at him, giving him raspberries, making kissing sounds, or showing him his reflection in the mirror. I'm also going to miss wearing him in the little Moby sling even though I think it's doing long term damage to my back and shoulders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment