Monday, March 27, 2017

Perfection

If I had to live a single day repeatedly for the rest of my life, yesterday might be it. The weather was beautiful. We woke up to open windows and the sounds of birds singing for the first time this year. We started the morning laying in bed while Micah went into Penelope's room and "read" a book to her. Michael cooked bacon, eggs, and potatoes for breakfast. The kids played in the backyard while Michael pulled some dead weeds from last year and burned them in a tiny backyard fire that smelled wonderful. He was gone doing some volunteer work for several hours and the kids and I had a wonderful time. We did a little gardening in our bare feet. Penelope wasn't sure what to think of it, she kept asking me to take off her shoes and then to put them on, to put her in the garden and then to take her out. There was a nice breeze all day and later in the day, the skies got overcast and threatened to rain. We squeezed in a quick walk as it started to drizzle and both kids thought is was wonderful. Micah had the hood on his sweatshirt up, Penelope was cowering under the stroller's canopy while chuckling about the rain. I spent a little time playing on the living room floor with Penelope as she explored the cash register, I spent a lot of time carrying her around in the baby sling because she wanted to be held. I cleaned both the dining and living room, vacuumed both rooms, did all our laundry and folded some of it. Before putting her to bed, I sat on the porch with Penelope and watched the pouring rain. Everything was perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment