Something has happened in the last couple weeks and Penelope has joined the conversational world! She most definitely understands everything we are saying. If I ask if anyone wants to go outside, she'll say, "Yes!" and start walking toward the front door repeating, "shoes on? shoes on?" as she goes. If I ask her to say goodnight to Michael, she'll say, "Night night, Dada," instead of just "night night." If I ask her to go get me something, she'll do it. The other day I was sitting on the sofa, trying to take a little break, and she came over, started pulling cushions off the sofa, repeating, "Jumping?" to convince me to pull out the sofa bed so that she could jump on it. Yes, I do pull out the sofa bed for them to jump on it, and it's a blast!
I think I heard her say her own name, Penelope, yesterday for the first time unprompted. Usually, I'll ask who she is and point to her and she says, "Me!" I say, but what is your name, she says, "Me!" and then she gets bored and stops answering altogether.
I think I heard her say her own name, Penelope, yesterday for the first time unprompted. Usually, I'll ask who she is and point to her and she says, "Me!" I say, but what is your name, she says, "Me!" and then she gets bored and stops answering altogether.
No comments:
Post a Comment