Micah has been a serious handful for a couple weeks now. "No" is a very commonly heard word, he's no longer as willing to go to bed for us, and he's generally been rambunctious: screaming, running, biting, kicking, hitting, and then laughing and asking if it's "funny." We once read somewhere that these phases of tantrums and misbehavior usually last a few weeks and are followed by noticeable new skills. Micah seems to be coming out of it and if I had to pinpoint what his "new skill" is, I would say it's that he's suddenly using a whole slew of adorably grown up words and phrases.
For example, we came home from a cookout the other night and when we got home, it was raining. As we're walking up to the house, Micah says, "It's raining on my head and on my arms!" We get onto the porch and he looks at me, throws his hands up in the air and says, "Oh. My. Gosh!" I don't imagine it's as adorable in print, but I literally laughed out loud, and then brought him back out into the rain for a minute and then back onto the porch where he reiterated, "Oh. My. Gosh!" and we both laughed.
Last night, Michael put him to bed and he asked if I would come up to give him a hug. When I got there, he stood up in bed and said, "I want to give you a hug." So I hugged him, put him back in bed, and he asked, "Are you going to bed and Dada going to bed too?" And I said I would be going to bed very soon. He asked, "Are you sad?" At first I didn't understand, he clarified, "Are you sad because you're going to bed?" So cute. I told him no, I very much like sleeping. He said, "Don't you like waking up?" I said yes, but I also really like sleeping.
He's been using words like "usually," "perfect," and "beautiful." Just things that seem a little like he can't possibly really know what they mean. He's also experimenting with "yesterday," "today," and "tomorrow," but he clearly does not quite have a handle on the distinction between the three yet.
Michael told him we were going to go to Andrew's house tonight and he looked at him, clasped his hands together, and said, "perfect."
I was taking him for a walk the other night and when I came out, he was sitting on the porch, covering his socks with chalk, and told me, "I'm making my socks beautiful, Mama."
No comments:
Post a Comment