Thursday, August 14, 2014

Thursday, August 14, 2014 - Big Boy

In response to Micah's dislike of his big boy room, I took him to Target last night to pick some things out to improve it. Michael hung curtains, we hung a moon shaped light on the wall that Frank gave him, Micah picked out some very grown up bed sheets, we put down a new rug, and we replaced the pillows on the futon mattress in the corner of the room with bed pillows. This morning he said it was much better now. :)

As we were walking to the car with our Target haul last night, this conversation happened:
Micah: Mama? I'm thinking about your baby in your tummy.
Mama: Oh yeah? What are you thinking?
Micah: About everything. Your baby. And your tummy. And your baby's mouth. And your baby's arms. And your baby's face.

OMG

Also, I got this text message from Michael yesterday, while I was in a medication safety meeting where we were talking about all the medication related harm and potential harm that had occurred to patients in the last month, and I accidentally laughed out loud:

Message: Micah clipped a flip phone to his foreskin and sang "I have a little penis on my little body."

Apparently Michael recommended against this, and Micah asked "Why." Michael said, "Because it might hurt you." To which Micah replied, "It doesn't hurt me." Try again Dada!

No comments:

Post a Comment