Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 - Milestones

Two significant milestones occurred last weekend when we went to Matt Ley's family's cabin for the weekend.

Micah learned to pee standing up (and outside). I guess Michael has attempted it with Micah before and Micah looked at him and said, "This is hard." and couldn't quite make himself do it. On Saturday, people were showering and so I took Micah outside to pee, he also couldn't quite make it happen standing up, so I supported him in a sitting type position and he had no problem. Then on Sunday, Michael and I were outside with Micah and we looked over and Micah said, "I have to use the potty." He already had his pajama pants pulled down just a little bit and was ready to pee right there so Michael went over to help him and he peed like a champ, not a drop on his pants! 

The milestone that I think will have a much more significant impact on our life is that Micah took a shower by himself. There's a fairly small shower stall at the cabin and so I guess Micah got in first and was doing so well that Michael didn't have to get in to help him clean up! Since we've been home, Micah has showered alone twice and I don't see any return to either baths or to joint showers. :( He really loves it, he's willing to get his hair and face wet and the only problem is that he never ever wants to get out. He's even secured space in our shower shelving for his rubber duck!

No comments:

Post a Comment