Monday, April 2, 2018

Moving out of Mom & Dad's Place

Penelope moved into her big kid room on Friday. We offered her crib to some friends who had a baby a month ago and they took us up on the offer, so we made it happen even though we have really enjoyed keeping her restrained in her crib in the mornings!

Michael spend several hours on Friday getting the new room ready with Penelope and Micah. They moved her furniture over, her books and clothes, put bed rails in place, and re-purposed a table that was getting discarded at the school across the street so that she could have a little art table in her room. Michael even made a bench for the table and a stool for Penelope to climb in and out of bed.

Michael put her down for a nap that afternoon and Penelope slept for 2 hours. Relatively unheard of at this point in time.

We put her to bed that night and she slept the whole night through. Also relatively unheard of in the time we've shared a wall with her!

Saturday morning, I heard Micah get up and listen outside our door, then go downstairs. Practically a miracle, that kid loves waking us up in the morning. Michael got up to investigate and it turns out that Penelope was the one who had gotten up. She climbed out of bed, listened outside our door, went into the bathroom, took off her pj's, threw away her wet diaper, used the toilet, put her pj's back on, went downstairs, let the dog out of her crate, and was standing at the bottom of the stairs trying to convince the dog not to come up when Michael came down. She's a freaking grownup.

Basically the same story yesterday. And this morning, I was getting dressed when I heard some noise, I thought Mike D. was coming home, but when I went to investigate, it was Penelope who had gotten up, gone downstairs, let the dog out, and was dragging her away from the stairs by the collar. I told her she couldn't get up until she heard Michael or Micah get up and gave her a couple books to look at in her bed. Hopefully she stayed there!

No comments:

Post a Comment