Watching Micah learn to read has been amazing and honestly, kind of surprising. I wasn't surprised that he could sound out words pretty quickly, and he does a decent job of writing things phonetically, but all of a sudden he's actually reading. It started with reading signs while we're driving, reading one or two words on the page of a book when I'm reading to him, really just reading random text that he comes across. Yesterday though, we were driving to Grandma and Grandpa's house and he actually read a Curious George book to himself in the backseat. That was the first time ever as far as I know. He's read plenty of books out loud to us or to Penelope, but this was the first time he sat down with a book and read it quietly to himself. He's been learning to read for all of four months. I don't imagine that I could learn anything remotely that complex in that time. It's sort of unbelievable.
No comments:
Post a Comment