Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Tuesday, April 26, 2016 - New Skills

Penelope is changing like crazy. In the last week, she's started standing on her own and she's starting to be willing to walk while holding my hands and not just behind the little push toy she loves. She has several words including "nigh nigh" at bedtime, "Dada," and "doggy." That's on top of "Kay-kah" for Kaya and "Guy-kah" for Micah. You read that right, she seems to have no idea who I am.

Another new thing she's working on is using forks and spoons. The other morning I put her in her high chair with a bowl of cereal and a spoon (while Micah was also there eating breakfast) and I went up and took a shower. When I came back down, she was still hard at work!

And Penelope's newest skill is screwing and unscrewing bottle caps. She practiced it last night on a bottle of diaper cream while I was putting away her clothes. I turned around and she was sucking the diaper cream out like it was applesauce. Pretty sure she hadn't swallowed any yet but poison control said it wouldn't be a problem anyway! Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment