Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday, March 30, 2015 - Joy

I cannot even explain how much I have been enjoying Micah lately. We have been having a great time together coloring, talking, playing, holding hands, snuggling at bed time. He's a pain in the butt half the time, but still I can't get enough.

One adorable thing I've been thinking about is how generous he is. He will always give me the last bite of his snack or dessert regardless of how much he enjoys it. He offered me one of only two thin mint cookies I gave him after dinner last night. Of course, I had already eaten at least six myself and I declined his offer.

Here are some of the things I'm loving right now... Every night he tells me he loves me and to have sweet dreams. On Saturday afternoon I took a nap when he did but I stayed in bed after he was done napping, he came in my room and I helped him put on his pants and underwear and take off his diaper, then I told him that Dada was downstairs and I was going to sleep some more, he quietly left the room and closed the door but then peeked his head back in to tell me to have sweet dreams. He asked me yesterday if he understood correctly that little kids turn into big kids, big kids turn into grownups, and grownups turn into giants. He is a surprisingly good artist. He makes adorable A's which are right angles with a diagonal line connecting the two legs. He can write almost every letter of the alphabet, he can spell his own name, and he almost never writes letters sequentially when you tell him how something is spelled. He wants me to carry him everywhere we go, yes, I love that. He recently found a kids show, Peep and the big wide world, that he laughs out loud at. He completely loves his sister and has no jealousy whatsoever.

I am so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment