Last night was a rough one. I went to bed around 10pm, Penelope wanted to eat at 10:15, and then I had to go in to Micah's room to stop him from crying 8 times between 10:30 and 11. The first two times I don't think he was really awake, the third time he said his leg hurt, then he said he had a bad dream so we talked about some good dreams he could think about, then he said his ear hurt. I ended up giving him Tylenol and at one point he said he heard a crack and it didn't hurt anymore but he still woke up crying several more times and Michael ended up sleeping in his bed with him for a while. On top of that, Michael handed Penelope off to me at 11:15 and she stayed up until 3am. First, Michael went in with Micah and slept in his bed while I cared for Penelope. Then he came back to bed and I kept trying to get her to sleep. Around 2am I handed her off out of frustration. Finally at 3am she was ready to eat and go to sleep. I hope we don't get many more nights like that.
It did inspire me to read and think about my plans for implementing some good sleep habits for Penelope though so I'm starting to get that going. Micah was 5 months old before he was sleeping in his own bed so I think it'll be a little while before we're ready with her. But it's good to have it in mind so that when the time comes we're able to recognize it and act on it.
It did inspire me to read and think about my plans for implementing some good sleep habits for Penelope though so I'm starting to get that going. Micah was 5 months old before he was sleeping in his own bed so I think it'll be a little while before we're ready with her. But it's good to have it in mind so that when the time comes we're able to recognize it and act on it.
No comments:
Post a Comment