Monday night, Micah sits down to play the xylophone. The xylophone is on a little table and he sits down on the edge of a milk crate while Michael and I are finishing dinner.
Micah instructs me to "sit on the mat." (This would be an invisible mat in front of where he is playing, similar to the story mats he sits on during story time at school or in the library.)
He begins to play the xylophone and sings "TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR!" At the top of his voice. He pauses. He looks at me. "Put your arms up like this!"
I put my arms up over my head. He continues, "HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU ARE!" He stops. "Now put your arms like this. Love you!" (He is hugging himself) I hug myself.
Micah continues, "UP ABOVE THE WORLD SO HIGH!" He stops again. "Put your wiggles up!" I do spirit fingers above my head.
"MICAH DIAMOND IN THE SKY! TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU ARE!"
Afterward I tell him what a good job he did and to come give me a hug and he is so happy and runs over to hug me and then runs over to hug Dada. So adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment