Micah woke up in the middle of the night last night crying, I could tell he was saying he wanted something but I couldn't tell what it was so I went in. He wanted to use the potty. I put him on the potty and this is my best recollection of the conversation that followed. Note that Micah has no indoor voice, I am quietly responding, but he is screaming in my face! :)
Micah: Look at Micah's teeth! (opens mouth)
Mama: Nice teeth.
Micah: They're triangles!
Mama: No, your teeth are squares.
Micah: Mama's teeth are triangles!
Mama: Mama's teeth are squares too.
Micah: Oh.
Mama: Doggies and Kittens have triangle teeth.
Micah: I see a person!
Mama: There are no persons in here. Do you see a rabbit in your night night?
Micah: Rabbit in the night night!
I see a rocking chair!
Mama: Yeah, there's a rocking chair.
Micah: I see one TWO rocking chairs!
I see one two THREE rocking chairs!
HEY! BOOKS!
Mama: Yeah, you have lots of books.
Micah: Read a book!
Mama: It's too dark.
Micah: Read a book!
So we "read" Otis. I can repeat most of it from heart anyway. Micah kept saying he couldn't see the tractor and kept asking what the darkest parts of pictures were. I would tell him and then he would say "too dark." He sat on that potty for 20 minutes just peeing and just talking away. Hilarious.
Micah: Look at Micah's teeth! (opens mouth)
Mama: Nice teeth.
Micah: They're triangles!
Mama: No, your teeth are squares.
Micah: Mama's teeth are triangles!
Mama: Mama's teeth are squares too.
Micah: Oh.
Mama: Doggies and Kittens have triangle teeth.
Micah: I see a person!
Mama: There are no persons in here. Do you see a rabbit in your night night?
Micah: Rabbit in the night night!
I see a rocking chair!
Mama: Yeah, there's a rocking chair.
Micah: I see one TWO rocking chairs!
I see one two THREE rocking chairs!
HEY! BOOKS!
Mama: Yeah, you have lots of books.
Micah: Read a book!
Mama: It's too dark.
Micah: Read a book!
So we "read" Otis. I can repeat most of it from heart anyway. Micah kept saying he couldn't see the tractor and kept asking what the darkest parts of pictures were. I would tell him and then he would say "too dark." He sat on that potty for 20 minutes just peeing and just talking away. Hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment