Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - Bye Bye Mulberries

I find myself feeling a little sad that I didn't take a walk with Micah at all today. Almost every single day includes a walk. We walk to the farmhouse park most often. But lately, we've just been taking Mulberry walks. Micah loves watching me pick Mulberries and then eating them. I know where all the Mulberry trees are in the neighborhood. There's one at the end of our block and just past the intersection. There's one on the strange one way loop near Resevoir #2 at the park. There are a couple up at Highland Park itself and one of them grows white Mulberries. There are a bunch more as well and we just walk the neighborhood, stopping to pick Mulberries as we go. Michael sent me a text the other day. He was on a walk with Micah and Micah was eating an apple when they walked under one of the trees on our route. Micah said, "Appoo nooo. Mooberries." I will miss Mulberry season when it's gone.

Micah is becoming very aware of language lately. Just a couple tidbits... They are doing construction at the school across the street and Micah has been super interested in the trucks over there. He watched one of them breaking up concrete last week and if you ask him what trucks are working across the street, his eyes light up, he pumps his fist in the air, and he yells "boom boom boom!" If you ask him about the other truck, a big crane with a hook on he end, he says, "UP!"

They pulled some of the fencing down around the playground at the school while they're doing construction, so we've snuck in to play at the park a few times. A couple nights ago, we were there and I just told him casually that it was time to go home. He immediately started  waving and saying goodbye to everything. "Bye bye byckles (bicycles)." Bye bye Boom Boom." "Bye by Up." I'm pretty sure I just grabbed him and kissed him it was so cute.

One last little thing happened tonight. It was 7:40 and he was sitting on the floor with Michael, playing with some playing cards that he was hiding underneath the corner of the carpet. I turned to him from the other room and said, "Micah, do you know what time it is?" Without stopping what he was doing at all, he just casually says, "night night." It was really surprising both that he answered my question so directly and that he knew exactly what I was getting at. Michael said, "What time is it?" as though he was just clarifying. Micah said "night night." Again. Just so adorable. We are so close to having full on conversations with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment