Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Seven

This was the first year that Micah really had a vision for his birthday. We planned a Harry Potter birthday party, invited 9 kids and 12 showed up, and he had a great time. He started out by sorting all of his friends into houses using a crochet sorting hat that I made and an origami fortune teller. Then we distributed wands and made a whole bunch of potions. Baking soda and vinegar was an enjoyable mess, but the kids quieted down when mixing the two into purple cabbage water and experimenting with making the color change. Micah and I worked together to design a cake with a dragon wrapped around the side, looking at photos on google to figure out how each of the features should look, and I decorated the cake by painting it with gel food coloring. After almost everyone left, we did one last potion with the two friends who were staying a little longer. After one more friend left and Penelope went to bed, Micah and Cece broke the pinata and split the candy. After Cece left, Grandma and Grandpa came over and we made pizza. Micah and Penelope were so well behaved all day, they were patient amid the chaos, they shared when it came time to open gifts. The day was a blur, but I think it was a good blur for Micah.


No comments:

Post a Comment