Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Tidbits

I caught Penelope "reading" a book for the first time about a week ago. Her interpretation of Click Clack Moo was, "Moo. No milk. No milk! NO MILK! NOOO MILK!!!!! Splash." Read the book. It's a great interpretation!

Micah learned to tie his shoes last week. He wanted to wear lace up shoes and I suggested he try to tie them before I did it for him. He came down frustrated that he couldn't do it and I started to explain it to him while I watched him tie the first knot. "I can never find the hole!" he said. He was trying to make "bunny ears" and one of the ears goes through the rabbit hole. I told him he didn't have to make bunny ears, he could just fold the laces over and tie them the same way he had just tied the knot and it was a complete breakthrough for him! He can now tie his shoes!

Michael built a huge sandbox in our backyard, filled it mostly with sand we got for free from a neighbor, and now that the weather is warm, we also put up the little pool. Between those and the garden full of strawberries, plus the mulberry tree that is great for grazing and for climbing, our backyard is a blast for these kids! Penelope asks to go in the swimming pool or the sandbox the moment she wakes up in the morning. She mostly swims nude so that we can get her onto the potty quickly. Micah spends hours in the mulberry tree trying to find mulberries he's overlooked. It's so amazing. They are so amazing. 

Yesterday was Micah's last day of kindergarten. Not particularly eventful, but he had a great year. I cannot believe that it went by so quickly. Of course, I remember standing on the front porch, taking photos of him on his first day. I remember the horror of that first week when he thought he wasn't good at school. The incredible response from his principal who quickly moved him into a wonderful classroom where he was able to be his happy and maybe too wacky self. All the little morning performances he participated in... 

Last, but not least, Micah has his first loose tooth! I'm not going to have babies for long, am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment