We have got to work on Penelope's sleep. I think we went into her room 8 times last night, I fed her four times, put the pacifier in her mouth three times, and Michael put the pacifier in her mouth once also. In the next week, maybe even tonight, I think we're going to be getting rid of the pacifier, it's just too much of a crutch. It's kind of sad though. She looks so adorable with it, she really loves it, and I hate to take something away that is giving her so much comfort! But clearly, she is not learning to put herself back to sleep in the night and she gets so frustrated when she can find the pacifier but just can't orient it into her mouth.
In other news, Micah seems to be really expanding his vocabulary and reading comprehension. Michael has been reading some serious books to him, they've read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and Prince Caspian. I read Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator with him and am currently working on Dr. Doolittle. And I've noticed him asking a lot about the definitions of phrases. Yesterday, he asked what "Why not?" means. I tried to explain it to him and I think I did a good job. It turns out that he must have been mulling this over for the past month because he was asking as a result of a conversation he had with a boy at the beach when we went there several weeks ago! His memory is consistently stunning to me.
In other news, Micah seems to be really expanding his vocabulary and reading comprehension. Michael has been reading some serious books to him, they've read Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and Prince Caspian. I read Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator with him and am currently working on Dr. Doolittle. And I've noticed him asking a lot about the definitions of phrases. Yesterday, he asked what "Why not?" means. I tried to explain it to him and I think I did a good job. It turns out that he must have been mulling this over for the past month because he was asking as a result of a conversation he had with a boy at the beach when we went there several weeks ago! His memory is consistently stunning to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment