Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday, February 2, 2015

As we await the newest member of the family, I am feeling guilty for letting this blog go for so long. Micah is just incredible and I should be doing so much more documentation of that.

Last night we went to a superbowl party at a friend's house. I gave Micah a reusable shopping bag and asked him to pack some toys but warned him not to pack anything too small for Baby Ryan, our friends' 8 month old. He listed off all the things he couldn't bring because they were too small, brought a whole slew of kitchen toys and farm animal toys, a couple books, and then picked out a couple things that he thought Baby Ryan might like to play with.

On the way home, it was way past his bedtime but he was chit chatting the whole way as usual (the kid is so stimulated by being in the car!). When we came out of the tunnel and into downtown, I directed his attention to the "big city." He talked the rest of the way home about how much he loves "Picksburg."

Micah: Is this all of Picksburg?
Mama: Yep, this is Pittsburgh.
Micah: "I love all the lights. And I love the people's decorations in their houses. And I love the people's decorations outside their houses. And I love those!"
Mama: That's the baseball stadium.
Micah: I love baseball. I love Picksburg. I love it in Picksburg. Picksburg makes me happy. Are you happy mama?
Mama: Yep, I'm happy.
Micah: Are you happy dada?
Dada: I'm happy.
Micah: I'm smiling because I'm happy. Are you smiling too mama?
Mama: I'm smiling too.
Micah: Are you smiling too dada?
Dada: I'm smiling.

Another cute interaction was the other night when I was putting him to bed. He had been kind of a pain all day but we read a couple stories and I agreed to snuggle with him in bed. For some reason, I decided to talk a little with him about what would happen when I go into labor. Here's a rough replay of the conversation:

Mama: When it's time for the baby to come out, you might go stay with Erin or with Andrew and Emily or with some other friends.
Micah: When is it going to be time for the baby to come out?
Mama: When she says it's time.
Micah: How is the baby going to tell us it's time to come out?
Mama: I'll have a tummy ache and then I'll know that it's time.
Micah: How are you going to get your belly button back?
Mama: Once the baby is out, my tummy will get smaller again and my belly button will just go back to normal.
Micah: How does the baby have a straw in its belly button?
Mama: Well, the baby gets all it's food and drinks from a straw to its belly button, but once it comes out, it won't need the straw anymore so the straw will get cut.
Micah: Why?
Mama: Because the baby will eat with her mouth then.
Micah: Why do you have a red thing on your tummy?
Mama: Because my skin was sick and so they had to cut part of my skin off and it didn't heal very well.
Micah: What is heal?
Mama: It means the skin fixing itself.
Micah: How does it heal?
Mama: It makes a scab and underneath the scab, the skin fixes itself, and the scab falls off when the skin is better.
Micah: Why didn't it heal?
Mama: I don't know, it just didn't.

We have also already had conversations about HOW the baby is going to come out, which I compared to pooping.

And here's one last hilarious tidbit from a week or so ago when we were in the car together:

Micah: UGH! That smell! Like poop!
Me: I'm sorry, I farted.
Micah: I don't like that smell! You need to go potty when we get to the mall!
Micah: Why are you laughing?
Mama: Because it's funny!
Micah: It's not funny! It's rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment