Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Micah is getting so fun these days. We've been practicing making faces so he can now smile on command when I want to take a picture. But he can also fake a sad face, fake "surprise" (really poorly) and of course, he also fake cries now. After he stops crying he often comments that "Micah crying." I understand that the terrible twos get their name from toddlers challenging the rules and their own power over the world around them, but honestly, it doesn't bother me too much if he spends some time laying on the floor crying. When he's ready, he always comes over to be held and comforted and I try to tell him that I'm sorry he's frustrated and explain why we're not doing what he wants. 

Another thing he's been doing is pretending. I think it's kind of related to the face making. The firemen and horses have conversations in the firehouse or sitting around the kitchen table. He moves the people around in his dollhouse and the one at school. They walk up the stairs, put the baby in the crib, use the toilet. 

And speaking of the toilet, last night he walked over to the potty, pulled his pants down, and took a giant poop. I would say that's close to a first, him doing it all by himself. He's coordinated enough to be using the potty with help, but he's only recently gained enough coordination to pull down his own pants. This is a wonderful new development!

No comments:

Post a Comment