Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday, September 13, 2013

Just a tidbit:

Last Saturday, I took Micah to feed the ducks at the pond by the pool. It was mostly a ploy to get him to go shopping with me and leave the house. We sat down on the concrete and fed the ducks together. Of course, none of the bread he throws makes it as far as the ducks! After we gave the ducks all of the bread that we had, I told him that we were done and he was surprisingly willing to get up and walk away. I said "all done!" And he just got up, and started climbing the stairs!

And then he saw the swimming pool. "Swimming pool!" He picked up the pace and started walking straight over there. I told him it was closed but I figured it didn't do any harm to walk over there with him. He was being really cute and excited about it. 

So as we are walking over there, he starts talking about what he has to do in order to go swimming. "Off ah shoes! Off ah shirt! Off ah pants! SWIMMING!" (complete with gestures toward each thing he was going to take off.) It was adorable. 

When we got to the pool, he walked up to the closed metal gate, pounded on it, turned to look at me, and said, "Open!" I never saw him that excited about going to the pool when it was actually open. I explained that I didn't have the key, that the pool was closed until next summer, I pointed out that there wasn't any water in the pool. It was kind of sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment