Micah knows English. Michael and I can no longer have conversations with each other and assume that he's not listening or understanding. I walked out back the other day while Micah was playing in the sandbox and I said to Michael that maybe we should take a walk to the park. Without stopping what he was doing, Micah shook his head and said "nope." I looked at him and asked, "you don't want to go to the park?" "Nope."
Another new development is that he has a perfect memory. He remembers where he put things, he remembers what we said yesterday, what we did yesterday. The morning after we got home from New Jersey, he woke up and was talking to himself in his crib, "Grandma's house? Noooo. Charlie? Noooo. Frank? Noooo." We brought David home with us from New Jersey for a few days and after he left, I put Micah in the car and he looked at the seat next to him in the car and said, "David's seat." And one more awesome thing, we went to the beach on Saturday, and yesterday morning, I'm getting breakfast together for Micah and he walks into the kitchen with his toy phone to his ear and says, "Mmm hmmm, beach... Digging... (pause) bye bye!"
Another thing that blew our mind is that last night Micah walked over to his train table, pulled out the box with all the train stuff in it, and set up this big train track with elevated bridges, a split in the tracks, stoppers at each end of the track. It was set up perfectly and then he just sat down playing with his trains. It was stunning because I've never seen him successfully set up train tracks before, things usually end up all wonky. Times they are a changing.
No comments:
Post a Comment