Thursday, April 4, 2013

Thursday, April 4, 2013

I have been really enjoying my time with Micah the last few days. A couple nights ago, we had a bunch of time to ourselves and had such a lovely evening. He's got a new cold so he's feeling a little under the weather. Also, he's learned to climb onto chairs but is not so good at getting down. I watched him climb down from a chair in the dining room, turned around, and he must have gotten back up there because in the blink of an eye he had fallen and was crying his head off. I picked him up and held him, sat down on the sofa with him, and he just fell asleep on my chest and slept there for an hour. It was nice and I know I will miss it when he doesn't do this anymore.

Then we had dinner together and he was actually willing to each much of what I fed him. We sat on the floor and colored together. I drew a picture of a tree and a bird in it. He looked at it, pointed, and said "Twee Twee?" (tweet tweet). Then he started handing me crayons and pointing to different places in the tree, saying "Twee Twee?" and I would draw a bird wherever he pointed. Then he got up and walked around behind me and gave me a hug and rested his head on my back. He did that a few times. And then he started patting me on the back and it was like he had just learned how to do it. He was standing to my right and patting me with his left hand, then he tried to figure out how to do it with his right hand, but he couldn't make it work so he kept patting me with his left hand again. It was just funny.

That night when I went in to nurse him at 4:30am, he finished nursing on one side and then said "More?" "More?", I switched him to the other side. When he was done, he said "Maaa Maaa?" and then he said "Hi." When I picked him up to hold him with his head on my shoulder like I do every night before I put him back to bed, instead of sucking his thumb while resting his head, he patted me on the back. It was just so sweet. I love all of those little moments with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment