Last night, Micah walked over to me and pulled on my pants, so I followed him. He walked to the door to the foyer and tried to open it, so I opened it for him. He sometimes does this when he's ready for bed and when I open the door, he walks over and starts climbing the stairs and then walks into his room. Not last night. Last night, he walked into the foyer, grabbed one of his snow boots and handed it to me. I put it on him and he grabbed the other boot and handed it to me as well. So I put that one on him. Then he grabbed his winter hat and handed it to me. I put that on him too. He grabbed his winter jacket. I put that on him. Then he reached for me to pick him up and when I did, he pointed to the front door. So I took him on the porch and sat in the swing with him and we just swung for about 15 minutes. Completely quietly. It was really nice and I have no idea where it came from. He's never done anything like that before and he actually is almost incapable of walking in those bulky snow boots so he generally protests putting them on. As an aside, it was about 40 degrees out so all that gear wasn't needed anyway!
No comments:
Post a Comment